Sunday, January 19, 2003

Where were you when...

1. When John F. Kennedy was shot (11/22/1963)
Not alive!

2. When Mt. St. Helens blew (5/18/1980)
Still quite unborn.

3. When the space shuttle Challenger exploded (1/28/1986)
My old,old house with my mom watching it in the living room.Haunts me still.

4. When the 7.1 earthquake hit San Francisco (10/7/1989)
I don't really remember.

5. When the Berlin Wall fell (11/7/1989)
Grandma's old house in New Jersey.Watched it on teevee.

6. When the Gulf War began (1/16/1991)
Probably at home.

7. When OJ Simpson was chased in his White Bronco (6/17/1994)
Grandma's house again.

8. When the building in Oklahoma City was bombed (4/19/1995)
School.I think..I don't remember for some reason.

9. When Princess Di was killed (8/31/1997)
Getting out of the showe and listening to 1010 Wins radio.

10. When Bush was first announced President (11/7/2000)
Watching it on Tv,and saying.."Well,now we're fucked."

11. When the 6.8 earthquake hit Nisqually, WA (2/28/2001)
*Shrugs*

12. When terrorists knocked over the World Trade Center (9/11/2001)
I was going to work with my dad.We were driving in the St.George(northern)section of Staten Island.You can see parts of the skyline,and we saw smoke,We just figured it was a boat on fire.About 45 minutes passed while I was at his job,and I had'nt heard anything.I walked into an office and everyone was crowded around a radio,I asked what was goin on and was told to hush.All the sudden this lady on the radio was screaming "Oh my god!! the tower is falling!!" And then I found out.It felt like my stomach just emptied into nowhere.After a few minutes,I ran outside with a few other people to a nearby peir,and thats when I saw it.The most huanting image I'll probably ever see with my own two eyes.Lower Manhattan covered in smoke with one black smoldering tower.I turned to walk away,looked back for a second and the second tower was gone.

No comments: