Sunday, July 24, 2005

Ok, so yea..I'm pissed. I'm very fucking pissed actually.

What exactly is the meaning of the word "friend"?

I've been pondering this a lot lately. To me a friend is someone who is always there for someone. Examples; A friend will pick up the phone at 4am when no one else will to quell your fears about traveling. A friend will walk around in any weather to help you deal with your girl or boy troubles. A friend will meet you at the train station and walk you home, despite it being 105 degrees or -5 dgrees. A friend will visit you at work when you're having a bad day. A friend will offer advice on what car to buy when asked, despite you not listening to it and buying a different car. A friend will help promote whatever band you're in this week, listening to demos even though they have to study for a test. A friend will lend you their phone so you can do whatever possible to save your realtionship. A friend will cancel all other plans in order to spend time with you after you came in from out of town and passed out somewhere else drunk leaving them hanging. A friend will look at all your writings and or drawings, and honestly tell you what they think of them. A friend will make an effort to get to know your family. A friend will cook for you whenever, wherever. A friend will visit you when you are sick, not caring if they too will get sick, or at the very least will call to see how you are feeling. A friend will give you opportunites to further yourself in life. A friend will call on your birthday and offer to take you out even though they don't have a job or money. A friend will ask how the family is and actually be willing to hear stories about them. A friend will offer to help move. A friend will be a tourguide to other out of town friends. A friend will be there, 24/7/365, becasue that is what FRIENDS are supposed to do.





I've done all of this. ALL OF IT.

So when I call someone or email someone and ask them, "Hey, want to hang out?", "Wanna chat?" I at the veeeery least expect some kinda response, not a voicemail, not to be answered at all or for weeks on end, not a no answer, not a "i'm tired." I don't think its much to ask to just talk or hang around, I really don't, but apparently some people do, despite the fact I would do anything for them. And to these people, I guess i'll just simply say, enjoy your life, thanks for using me, and Fuck You.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you Luke, and I'm sorry that I guess one of your friends has ignored your call for help. because doing something for someone should be simply done in return for the most part especially when your friends with them. It does happen sometimes and shouldnt really be taken in offense unless its been going on for long periods of time. You should whenever they call you maybe then answer the phone and be like no i dont wanna hear your problems i wanna finally state mine and if your too tired then im justu going to not answer your phone calls anymore or better yet put this friendship on hold because its not me whos doing the helping anymore. YOUR COOL LUKE! DONT BE UPSET ANYMORE PLEASE! :)